this Sautrday

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:24:05 EDT 2006

Whatever anybody else thinks of She Wants Revenge, I'm wrapping them
up in the "dark rock" / "post punk revival" / "whatever you want to
call it" with Editors and The Rapture and Interpol and doing my
damndest to incorporate them in my personal definition of "goth"
alongside early Cure or Joy division.  Just like I figure if Nick Cave
works (he does in my book) so does Munly and the Lee Lewis Harlots.

So I'll probably play those sorts of things, along with Puppy and
classic 242 because everybody loves them, and then you can hate me
when I play some godawful noise like Tactical Sekt.  ^_^  I hope all
the gearheads won't be turned off because my heart still flutters for
Rotersand, Combichrist, In Strict Confidence... most of the music I
buy does still involve pre-orders.  ;)

I know that Ancilla has done a lot to incorporate more "classics" into
her sets, and I think it'll be a pretty well-rounded night, but I
really do like getting a sense of what people are hungry for.  All of
us have diverse tastes and like to listen to (and play!) different
things.