this Sautrday

gwen gwenix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 15:34:25 EDT 2006

Starting out, to show my reference and tone, thanks for the wrapup
Manny, that was apt.  I'm just pulling out one phrase as a point of
discussion here.

On 6/9/06, manny at telerama.com <manny at telerama.com> wrote:

> It's electronic club music that goes thud. It's trenchcoats, LARPing,
> livejournaling, dressing up in Hot Topic uniforms that are as much
> Slipknot-looking as anything else. From my perspective, *I* would call it

The thing is, a lot of the people on this list aren't like that, and
have been around long enough to like the sorts of bands that recall
the old days of goth.  I like that Beep is going to incorporate She
Wants Revenge into his definition of goth -- I'd pretty much done the
same thing.

I guess I'm just looking for a way to discuss alternative, post-punk,
and whatever elsely labelled bands that really recall the days of goth
from our past.

--
gwen.
gamergothgeek