ultra lounging (was re: some digest thing)

Jeremy David epistemology at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:13:18 EDT 2006

I've been walking past it every day as they do construction. It looks nice.

On 6/12/06, Ancilla Sea-Maid <ancilla6 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I haven't seen the inside yet, but a new "ultra
> lounge" just opened up in the south side this past
> weekend, called Elixir. sounds pretty cushy. my
> favourite local non-spooky DJ spins there on Fridays.
>
> I don't know if they're still booking nights, but
> someone might do well to call them up and see if they
> want to do an experimental night. it's worth a try if
> this is something one is passionate about.
>
> just curious: is this the first venue to be billed as
> an "ultra lounge" in pittsburgh? i've seen them all
> over Vegas, and I thought the idea was cute, if not a
> bit contrived. it seems like it's mostly a reason to
> charge you $4 more per each drink. heh.
>
> - t
>
> --- Christopher tm <xopher.tm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 6/12/06, j eric townsend <jet at flatline.net>
> > wrote:
> > > I'm also the guy who'd rather have a darkambient
> > futurist bar with stuff like Coil and Squaremeter
> > and Ulf Soderberg droning in the background...
> > >
> > > Hey, is there one of these anywhere around?
> >
> > I have begged - literally begged - a few of the
> > smaller locales to let
> > me try something like this. Response runs along the
> > lines of "Why the
> > eff would anyone want THAT?"
> >
> > *shrug* Good luck.
> >
> > Could be done at the GA, but the point is I wanted
> > to do something of
> > a blackambientlounge, keyword: LOUNGE - cushy seats,
> > table service,
> > upscale over boho. Would've never lasted, I know,
> > but would have been
> > fun.
> >
> > Hell, would've worked at Ray's if a) I would have
> > been allowed to use
> > the upper floor instead of the bar...
> >
> > Again, *shrug* Good luck.
> > --
> > Christopher tm
> >
> > You're wondering who I am - machine or mannequin
> > With parts made in Japan, I am the modren man

"A guy walks up to me the other day and asks, 'What is punk?' So I
kick over a garbage can and say, 'That's punk!' So he kicks over a
garbage can and says, 'That's punk?' And I say, 'No. That's trendy.'"
- Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)