pgh-goth-list Digest, Vol 34, Issue 9

Deeann M.M. Mikula deeann at d33ann.com
Thu Jun 15 10:39:24 EDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, j eric townsend wrote:

> And it probably wouldn't hurt to have good 802.11 coverage and
> places for people to plug in.  (Brillobox has an open 802.11
> network, fwiw.)

Just out of curiousity, how is the general free wifi coverage in Pgh.?
Here in Seattle, you can't get patrons into a cafe without free wifi,
it's just *expected*, and I heard that they have already implemented
free wifi on some city buses.  It's been interesting for me to watch
wifi go from something people want to pay for to something that people
expect to be provided for them.  Is that happening in Pgh yet?

I'm thinking that at some point, Starbucks is going to have to stop
charging, because wifi is being given away everywhere else.

Deeann M.M Mikula

"Well behaved women rarely make history."
                 -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich