wifi

maria rpd_girl at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 00:50:13 EDT 2006

I was going to say... when my in-laws had evacuated from NOLA, they'd drive and park outside of coffee shops here and there to log-on and keep in touch.

When I lived in NOLA we lived about a coffee shop with wireless .... and I rocked out on WoW and didn't pay... before that the cable and internet was never turned off from the previous tennant (who was the owner's son) .... that was until they noticed someone sucking the network's band-width 24-7.  Aw... suck care-free days. Greta bonus... smell of baked bread and coffee all day... downside.... terrible music seeping through my floorboards.

"Sc'Eric (dj.darkFIN)" <darkfin6012 at yahoo.com> wrote: Sorry if my last post sounded bitchy.... I think I was drunk when I wrote that. lol

Anyway, to respond to Deanna's post re: wifi.... Here in State College, lots of businesses have tried charging for wireless.  We even had (still have?) a local cybericecreamparlour (!) but the long and short of it is that students get free internet at the university.  Even without the wifi option, why would they pay for internet when they walk across the street when they could just bring their coffee/whatever back to the computer lab from those businesses?  Of course, Penn State is now building it's wifi network, already established in high-traffic buildings.  And the town is talking about it as well.

Meanwhile, the local taxi drivers know all the unsecured spots in town where they can park and surf during downtime... lol

~sc'eric

          PAdarkAlternative
  state-wide scene resource

    The Lion 90.7fm