under/over

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 15:13:04 EDT 2006

On 6/23/06, Jeremy David <epistemology at gmail.com> wrote:
> This related to a general trend I'm noticing lately in humanity. Most
> people don't mind when stuff sucks. In fact, they love it.
>
> Case study #1: Crappy DJing. People don't notice, and they don't care.
> They love it! If you're DJing well, they'll actually complain.

True. I think its because G/I kids expect DJs to be jukeboxes. See,
when I DJed I always took requests but I hardly ever played them. Most
of the times they didn't fit, were idiotic, or I was just being
difficult. I see the same thing happen with bands a lot too. They
expect the live show to sound just like the CD and they get upset when
its different. Which seems really fucking dumb to me. If they want it
to sound just like the CD why not just play the CD really loud?