under/over

j eric townsend jet at flatline.net
Fri Jun 23 15:15:10 EDT 2006

At 11:27 AM -0700 6/23/06, Ancilla Sea-Maid wrote:
>hm........the remarks did not read, to me, as
>obviously sarcastic. it looks like you were genuinely
>suggesting DJ-ing from 2 ipods.

I was being sarcastic about the "fantastic sound systems in clubs" that would show the difference between MP3s and lossless audio files.

But I have seen a guy DJ off of two ipods (using a Numark) and I've seen more than one jacked into a mixing board while someone was behind the mic.     I don't think the Numark does pitch correction, so things like beat matching are probably going to be difficult, but if all you're doing is butt splicing songs or simple cross-fades the average club-goer would probably never know you were working with iPods.

>but then again, I'm pretty sure that you're the guy
>who told Brian and I to quit mixing the songs so much

I expressed a personal opinion in off-list email about not cross-fading some types of songs after saying some nice things about our first time out at Ceremony.     Please don't take that as "telling you what to do" any more than someone saying there aren't enough cross faded songs.
--
jet / KG6ZVQ
http://www.flatline.net