under/over > wedding DJs.

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 16:06:39 EDT 2006

On 6/23/06, maria <rpd_girl at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ugh wedding DJs. I HAD to use the DJ the venue had for my reception. I  told him the type of music I wanted... some artists... I wanted 80's. I  said Psychedlic Furs, the Cure, OMD, New Order, etc. I told him "think  80's teen movies... the Brat Pack. Stuff I like and stuff other people  recognize.... and we also made CDs we wanted him to play, songs that  were important to us that noone knew, but we didn't care. I was happy  to hear the night start out with my CDs... some Camoflauge, VNV,  De/Vision, Gary Numan... then all of a sudden.... the ELECTRIC SLIDE,  NEW YORK NEW YORK, and FRIGGIN' ROD FRIGGIN" STEWART! I was pissed as  hell. A friend later told me he was at the bar bitchin' that we didn't  have "wedding music" and how much our music sucked.... so he just did  whatever he wanted.

Yeah, in those situations you just don't pay them. :)
Of course, I think they all take their money in advance.

I think T and I are going to get a rockabilly band and maybe an irish
rock band for our wedding and have a CD player the rest of the time.
Since I have to pay for all of this we're doing all of this as cheaply
as we can :)