under/over > wedding DJs.

maria rpd_girl at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 16:14:08 EDT 2006

yeah, I wanted my laptop, but the venue lady was like "no, you don't  want to do that." and I wanted to make some of the food, and she was  like "no, you don't want to do that." there is this wedding glammour  that the wedding business people cast on you that make you listen to  them and then afterwords you are like DAMN IT WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chris Rapier <rapier1 at gmail.com> wrote:  On 6/23/06, maria  wrote:
>  ugh wedding DJs. I HAD to use the DJ the venue had for my reception. I  told him the type of music I wanted... some artists... I wanted 80's. I  said Psychedlic Furs, the Cure, OMD, New Order, etc. I told him "think  80's teen movies... the Brat Pack. Stuff I like and stuff other people  recognize.... and we also made CDs we wanted him to play, songs that  were important to us that noone knew, but we didn't care. I was happy  to hear the night start out with my CDs... some Camoflauge, VNV,  De/Vision, Gary Numan... then all of a sudden.... the ELECTRIC SLIDE,  NEW YORK NEW YORK, and FRIGGIN' ROD FRIGGIN" STEWART! I was pissed as  hell. A friend later told me he was at the bar bitchin' that we didn't  have "wedding music" and how much our music sucked.... so he just did  whatever he wanted.

Yeah, in those situations you just don't pay them. :)
Of course, I think they all take their money in advance.

I think T and I are going to get a rockabilly band and maybe an irish
rock band for our wedding and have a CD player the rest of the time.
Since I have to pay for all of this we're doing all of this as cheaply
as we can :)

 And travellers now within that valley,
 Through the red-litten windows, see
 Vast forms that move fantastically