my response

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 17:45:46 EST 2006

On 3/5/06, gwen <gwenix at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it's not like people aren't going out for live performances at all.
> I think it might be productive to figure out why there's an unusual
> following for Classical music and shows here, but an under-par
> following for band-oriented concerts.

You mean actually figure out what audiences want and then try to
provide it to them? OUTRAGE! People should know that they are swine
and submit themselves to slavishly follow the tastes of their betters!

Of course, maybe if people don't show up to see a band there is
another reason for it aside from "the people in this scene suck". Of
course, it would be blasphemy to even utter the merest whisper of
that. No no no! It must be the audience, or lack there of, that is
causing this horrific disconnect.

No I say! We have a formula that has failed us for years!
WE MUST FOLLOW IT UNTO DEATH!