quittin' smoking

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 10:48:32 EST 2006

See my whole feeling is that if you don't like the smoke you don't
have to go there. Everyone makes choices in life and its really a
matter of what option is most important to you. If going to a club or
a bar that has smoking is more important than not being around smoke
then thats your choice. Obviously, this is just as true for smokers.
If going to a non-smoking place is more imporatnt to you than having a
smoke then that is their choice. Each group respects the others
boundaries and behaves themselves when they made the choice to go
either type of location.

Of course, no one really wants to allow that. I mean, why should we
allow adults to engage in legal behaviour around other people who are
cognizant of the risks and have made the choice to be there? Why
should we when we can pass a law to criminalise behaviour? I love the
nanny state! SWADDLE ME BABY!