quittin' smoking

ysobelle@aol.com ysobelle at aol.com
Tue Mar 14 11:25:28 EST 2006

Hold on a sec. I'm coming a little late to the party here, but this doesn't quite track to me.

Say I want to go to a show. I can go if I want, but I know there'll be folks swinging large meat cleavers standing on the dance floor. I can go as long as I can avoid the meat cleavers. There's my choice.

Now, I want to go to a show, and there'll be smokers there. I can avoid the people, but their smoke will be everywhere. I cannot go to the show and avoid it.

If people can smoke at a venue and not, say, exhale, okay, that's fine. But until then, non-smokers are really stuck. I'd rather be able to decide to go out based on if I want to see the show or not, not if I can stand the audience poisoning the air or not.