quittin' smoking

ysobelle@aol.com ysobelle at aol.com
Tue Mar 14 13:08:48 EST 2006

 Though this is all acadaemic to me as I go out once in a slightly purplish/blue moon, it's not a whiny little "my needs," it's a matter of health.

It's just that while I can wear earplugs if the music's too loud, I cannot avoid the smoke. There's nothing I can do to keep it out of my hair, my clothes, my eyes, etc. I'd have to don one of those highly unfashionable paper suits, which I think is a bit unreasonable. I don't want to deny someone the right to do as they want; I just don't want it affecting my body. If I pay the same as someone else to go to a show, I should be able to enjoy myself equally. Going out on a limb here, a smoker could use a patch or step outside for five minutes to smoke.

Is this argument getting away from me, or am I just imagining it? Isnt' this more about manners than legislation?