Pittsburgh downtempo tonight 3/18 @ GA!

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Sat Mar 18 16:08:05 EST 2006

Pittsburgh 'downtempo' artists
DISCUSS
play tonight
Sat Mar 18   8 pm  $6  all ages
at the Garfield Artworks, 4931 Penn Ave

what do they sound like? Boards of Canada and Ulrich Schnauss are some good
comparisons. In general, the Merck and City Centre Offices label rosters.
They also do a My Bloody Valentine cover. Discuss is a duo with that cool IDM
guy from Puerto Rico - Andres (who has performed solo as 'Eko Farm') and his
guitarist friend. You may have seen them in the recent past on a bill with
Black Moth Super Rainbow.

the show also features SLUR (formerly known as Gremlins and Butterflies,
postrock in a Sigur Ros/Godspeed vein),
ENDLESS MIKE AND THE BEAGLE CLUB (witty indie pop)
and TRICYCLE BICYCLE CYCLE

Discuss goes on 2nd, I think, so show up on time.