Of A Mesh is on Soundclick!

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Mon Mar 20 22:16:57 EST 2006

Quoting "Deeann M.M. Mikula" <deeann at d33ann.com>:

No way, Of A Mesh was WAY better. Almost literally *defined* the whole feel of
that deep dark heroin period in NYC, and here, where for years after, we were
STILL calling it 'dark rock' (though the poster for that show billed it as
'dark gothic rock' specifcially). And according to Greg Fasolino (ex-Naked &
the dead) who posted all those tracks, they were the only ones from that NYC
time period to have more than one release....

Plus: OAM guitarist Ellen Watkins was back here in the same building in 1993 as
a member of the band No Safety (with Zeena Parkins). And she runs Glenn
Branca's website.
And violinist Samara Lubelski has been in a ton of cool bands since: Pacer, The
Sonora Pine, Hall of Fame, and her several solo releases as well, also
appearing as guest violin on Fiery Furnaces and (this I did not know) producing
records for Ted Leo and Oneida among others...Plus lead singer Alan Dollgener
died of AIDS I think. Which is sad, but very goth.