Of A Mesh is on Soundclick!

Michael J. Salo salo at rcn.com
Tue Mar 21 14:16:04 EST 2006

>was there a show promoted as 'goth' before Jan 1988?
>and while we're at it, were there any shows promoted as 'industrial'
>(other than
>locals Plastic Btls, who you never saw) before summer 1987?

I believe you that the term may not have been used on a flyer before
then.  But as we all know goth & industrial music history both really
something different at the time).

There must have been 'dark rock' or industrial music activity in Pgh
before the "Manny era" - and that's what I'd be really curious to
hear about, in case anybody is old enough to report on it.

According to my Garden compilation CD, the Garden started in
'85.  And their first tape is way way goth.

Michael J. Salo
www.strangefortune.com
The source for strange & exquisite sounds