Upcoming Change at Ceremony

Tara Tempalski masshysteria at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 11:05:08 EST 2006

As you know, Ceremony has been 18+ since the beginning of this year.
Unfortunately, the management of The Upstage has decided to make it
officially a 21+ only establishment as of 5/1/06.

I realize that everyone has an opinion regarding this issue, but the
truth of the matter is that the management has kept track of how many
18-20 yr olds have been coming since January and can not justify the
extra staffing for an average of 15 people per week. There were also
other financial motives behind this change in policy that can not be
challenged.

Ceremony has long since been a proudly unique night that has offered
an "all ages" dance club environment. It was only a matter of time
before they had to join the ranks of every other bar/club in
Pittsburgh.

The Night Shift hopes that those in the 18-20 age group will enjoy the
month of April and understand that this decision was solely dictated
by the management of The Upstage, not The Night Shift.

Fortunately, folks like Manny Theiner and Jim from Rein[forced] are
still able to provide all-ages shows for those patrons who are under
21.

The Night Shift sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience that this
may cause anyone. We will be sure to keep you abreast of any other
developments. Thank you and have a good weekend!

--Tara