PghGoth.com

Jeremy David epistemology at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 13:35:10 EST 2006

For what it's worth, you're not agreeing with me. I never complained
that it goes down way too often.

- Jeremy

I never complain when anything associated with Boo or Ray goes down on me.

On 3/31/06, gwen <gwenix at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/31/06, Sc'Eric (aka darkFIN) <darkfin6012 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Agreeing with Manny, Kelly & Jeremy: yes Pghgoth.com goes down  waaaaaaay too often, who cares what time of day I'm trying!  And  as far as a bare PghGoth.com not working... well, fix that  dammit!  There's no reason to disclude folks who expect webmasters  to be on the ball with that sorta thing.  (Actually, I just tried  it out and it looks like that was covered in the latest design update.  Interesting new look...  I thought I'd been hi-jacked.  =)    ~sc'eric
>
> You, uhm, do realize that pghgoth.com is hosted, provided for, and web
> designed entirely by volunteer effort?  You're welcome to shell out
> the $100's if you'd like something that was more reliable, I'll be
> happy to point the DNS and everything at you.  Hell, I'll sell you the
> domain at that point for $200 if you'd like too.  It would totally
> beat the $200 I'm about to put into a new hard drive for the DNS
> machine.
>
> Because, seriously, Boo, Ray, and I are it for your sysadmin/design
> team, and Boo is putting the most time into it with his excellent and
> professional design efforts.  We lucked out with hosting all of the
> servers involved with pghgoth.com at Telerama and Ray's DSL line, so
> we're doing all of this as cheaply as possible.  But all of us *have*
> jobs that pay us actual money, the pghgoth.com stuff is on the side,
> and we're all doing it at cost to ourselves.
>
> So yes, this is a *smack smack wake up and smell the damn coffee*
> note.  Appreciate the fact that we do this for you, that we provide
> this for you free, and we keep it going as well as we do.  *thppppt*
>
> --
> gwen.
> gamergothgeek

"A guy walks up to me the other day and asks, 'What is punk?' So I
kick over a garbage can and say, 'That's punk!' So he kicks over a
garbage can and says, 'That's punk?' And I say, 'No. That's trendy.'"
- Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)