PghGoth.com

gwen gwenix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 13:21:22 EST 2006

On 3/31/06, Sc'Eric (aka darkFIN) <darkfin6012 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Agreeing with Manny, Kelly & Jeremy: yes Pghgoth.com goes down  waaaaaaay too often, who cares what time of day I'm trying!  And  as far as a bare PghGoth.com not working... well, fix that  dammit!  There's no reason to disclude folks who expect webmasters  to be on the ball with that sorta thing.  (Actually, I just tried  it out and it looks like that was covered in the latest design update.  Interesting new look...  I thought I'd been hi-jacked.  =)    ~sc'eric

You, uhm, do realize that pghgoth.com is hosted, provided for, and web
designed entirely by volunteer effort?  You're welcome to shell out
the $100's if you'd like something that was more reliable, I'll be
happy to point the DNS and everything at you.  Hell, I'll sell you the
domain at that point for $200 if you'd like too.  It would totally
beat the $200 I'm about to put into a new hard drive for the DNS
machine.

Because, seriously, Boo, Ray, and I are it for your sysadmin/design
team, and Boo is putting the most time into it with his excellent and
professional design efforts.  We lucked out with hosting all of the
servers involved with pghgoth.com at Telerama and Ray's DSL line, so
we're doing all of this as cheaply as possible.  But all of us *have*
jobs that pay us actual money, the pghgoth.com stuff is on the side,
and we're all doing it at cost to ourselves.

So yes, this is a *smack smack wake up and smell the damn coffee*
note.  Appreciate the fact that we do this for you, that we provide
this for you free, and we keep it going as well as we do.  *thppppt*

--
gwen.
gamergothgeek