"10:15 on a Saturday Night..."

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 09:15:03 EST 2006

On 11/6/06, Brian J. Parker <brian.j.parker at gmail.com> wrote:

> But, yes, public transportation kind of sucks here.  There's a lot of
> debate over who's at fault for this; Port Authority, the city, or the
> schools.  Or the geography.  But it's a shame you can't even hail a
> damn cab.

Sucks in comparison to what? New York? DC? Boston? You bet your ass.
Unfortunately Pittsburgh isn't a large enough city to support a really
top notch public transportation system. If someday we somehow swell
our population to exceed that of say Tulsa or Omaha maybe, just maybe,
the tax base will improve enough that we can improve the public
transportation system.