4 Oct concerts on Penn Avenue you don't want to miss!

gwen gwenix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 16:18:40 EDT 2006

On 10/14/06, Jordan Harris <jdecay at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Has anyone been to the Kelly Strayhorn Theater before?

Yes, the Squonk Opera did a bunch of shows there recently.  It's a
nice remodelled theater, think early 1900's styling.  It's also right
across the street from my church where I rehearse two nights a week
(I'll be missing a rehearsel for this concert even!)

I recommend parking near Abay or the AAA Motor Square Garden and
walking to it if you're going.  Don't leave any obvious valuables in
your car too, there's a guy who likes to break into cars in that area
out of jail these days and at his tricks again (a friend of mine's
laptop was stolen out of his car just last week).  He does this until
he gets caught and thrown in jail again... see, he's not very smart
and keeps breaking into the cars near the outside cameras in the bank
lot... so I might be warning without cause if he's being that stupid
yet again.

--
gwen.
gamergothgeek