Diatribe

Manny manny at garfieldartworks.com
Tue Apr 24 12:49:55 EDT 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Kelly Ashkettle wrote:

> That is true, as far as I can recall.
> With Bob Teagarden doing sound, yes?

I don't remember but it's very possible, yes.

> Here are some more props for you, Manny:
>
> * I booked Gossamer because I had seen them play at a
> show you booked and wanted to see them again.
>
> * I booked the Spahn Ranch show because you passed it
> on to me so you could book Tortoise that night instead
> (thus launching my foray into booking national acts).

I never did a show for Tortoise, it must have either been some other
band or the date fell through. The only Tortoise show here was done by
Joker, at Laga a few years later.

I'll rest easy for sure when people also clearly acknowledge that my
Jan 1988 Of A Mesh show was the first national act show in Pittsburgh
*ever* specifically billed as 'gothic.'
Because I'm still getting some ill-informed disputes in that regard now
and then. :)