Curiosity (was: Jaggery/RE:Don't Miss This...)

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:11:12 EDT 2007

On 8/15/07, Jordan Harris <jdecay at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Funny, I was just thinking the other day that it had been eons since the
> list had seen any traffic...I for one am glad to see something about live
> music on the gothlist.

Then I guess I'll jump in.

For the first time in about a decade, I'm excited enough about a
relatively unknown artist on tour that I put up my money and teamed up
with Postmodern Primal Productions (aka DJ TFS and crew) to bring
Curiosity in to Pegasus this Saturday.  She's accompanied by "shadow
puppeteer and performance artist" Toybox Theatre, so the show will be
a visual as well as auditory treat.

I've been calling her Amanda Palmer of The Dresden Dolls, if
influenced by Martin Atkins instead of The Doors.  She calls herself
"Gothic Lolita Industrial Jazz."  Warren Ellis called her voice as
"like Tom Waits if he were an angry 24-year-old woman preoccupied with
Doom and Hate."  She is a multi-talented instrumentalist who is fluent
in Japanese, and who can kick your ass while looking damned good in a
frilly dress.

We put her with locals Between the Waters and Ana-Vey (who I hadn't
heard before now, and I really like what they have on their MySpace
page) and kept the cost at $7 because we're more interested in you
hearing her than making any money.  (PPP are crazy bastards.)  If you
stay for Ceremony afterwards, it's a bargain.

So check her out.  If you can't go to the show, at least go to her
MySpace page, because you really should hear her music.

http://www.myspace.com/curiosityband

http://www.betweenthewaters.com/
http://www.myspace.com/anaveyband

http://ceremony.pghgoth.com/