Antony (was Re: Neofolk comps / Neofolk-Freakfolk crossover)

DennisCraigLee at aol.com DennisCraigLee at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 11:46:05 EST 2007

In a message dated 12/13/2007 1:56:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
daniellebiconik at yahoo.com writes:

> I fell in love with Antony and the Johnsons a year in a half ago.

For me it was Antony's performance of 'If It Be Your Will' on the Leonard
Cohen tribute DVD. Having never seen or heard him before, I couldn't help but
wonder at first what gender he was. After getting the I Am A Bird Now cd, I feel
he's the most original vocal stylist since, oh I dont know, maybe Bryan Ferry,
at least. Who else comes to mind that has such a stand-out voice?

ever,
- - -D e n n i s