As the Goth turns..

Chris Rapier rapier1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:33:29 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:11 PM,  <manny at garfieldartworks.com> wrote:

> I typed "Nakayama" for the same reason you just typed "ethic cultures" below.
> Misspelled because typing quickly, plus "Nakama" was subliminally in mind
> from just
> having read online the Top Ten Pittsburgh Magazine nightspots list. Big
> whoop.

Cool your jets there killer. I was correcting an error, not attacking
your mom. If anything I would have thought you'd have been upset with
me saying you were using a bad analogy.

> Mainstream American is not an ethnicity, it is a nationality.

I'm not sure who you are replying to. I never actually said Mainstream
America is an ethnicity.

> I never said that American society had not absorbed cultural influences
> before.

And I never said you hadn't said that.

> Of course it has. But it retained a definable character as well as a sense
> of progress.
> I said that 'Western culture' is at a standstill and decline as of now, it
> has run out of ideas.

Maybe you missed the part where I said I was agreeing with you.
Here, I'll quote it for you...