THD - "evolution of our decay" album

manny at garfieldartworks.com manny at garfieldartworks.com
Fri Oct 24 18:18:33 EDT 2008

I had to think about this for a moment  (Empire?) and then I realized, you
must be talking
about The Empire Hideous, because I couldn't think of a band called
Empire, and it would
have to be something goth.

I was at the Empire Hideous show (I believe it was at Pluto's), but I did
not present it or promote it.
If I recall correctly, the show was presented by Fred (Vampire Nation).
Whatever arrangement he made (and you know he pulled some mighty
fraudulent stunts) I was not involved in, and I have no idea what happened
financially with that show. If Fred ripped them off that does suck but it
is not related to me. I would not walk out of a show without paying the
touring band, even if it was a door deal (which I am guessing it was not),
if I had previously made an agreement of some sort (which I usually do).
If it had been my show, I would have gone to the ATM and paid them. I have
done that many times.

If you can recall, there were several instances which Fred and I did
collaborate (such as the Thanatos show at the Oakland Beehive, or at least
one Lycia gig), where I had to back a loss because he mysteriously had no
money to cover his end. But that was not one of those times.
I was definitely not involved in the Empire show. And I long ago learned
my lesson about Fred, anyway. As far as I know he's still in jail right?

I'm not surprised that you don't have the correct information about
something that happened over a decade ago, either. Maybe you should get
your facts straight before you try and accuse me of anything based on
hearsay or rumor. Otherwise, you don't have a leg to stand on. I, on the
other hand, have a stack of contracts as tall as my head that I've
fulfilled over the past 20 years.

-mt