Bunnymen

Sc'Eric (aka sc'Que?) scque at ymail.com
Sun Nov 8 04:12:14 EST 2009

Yeah, being on the opposite side of the clock from y'uns, I probably sent that out just as the official announcement was going out.  Sorry to get anyone's hopes up.

In my tiny world of experience, whenever a European band that I'm interested in seeing decides to tour the States, they get refused for one reason or another.  Seems that unless the band is playing stadium-sized venues or lies about their intent, they have no chance of touring here legally.  And even the latter of those two options can backfire.

Manny, any commentary on that?

~sc'eric

From: "Sc'Eric \(aka sc'Que?\)" <scque at ymail.com>
Subject: [StClg--2009.11.18--AllAges] ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN

-- Wednesday, 18 November 2009 --

The State Theatre, in cooperation with Roustabout! events presents:

ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN
w/ Hatcham Social

Show starts at 8pm.? Refreshments available in the box office.? (Availability of alcoholic beverages TBA.)?

Tickets: $26

Parking: Free on the street, after 6pm... or look for one of our local parking garages!? (There's three within 2 blocks of the venue.)?

Other local dinner and social venues listed at the end of the post....?

Echo & the Bunnymen
English
post-punk group, Echo & the Bunnymen was formed in 1978. After
several splits and rejuvenations, Echo & the Bunnymen is back with
their latest album, The Fountain.
??? The Fountain is a massive
return to form. It is a superbly feisty album of pulsating, uplifting
rock anthems such as the joyous "Think I Need It Too", "Do You Know Who I
Am", "Forgotten Fields", "Everlasting" and the Bowie-esque pop of "Proxy,
Shroud Of Turin" all centered around a grand, reflective soul-stirring
ballad "The Idolness Of Gods". It is a powerful album that sees the
Bunnymen back to their very best and with a truly modern sensibility
that should see a whole new generation [discover one of the UK's] most iconic bands.
??? The Fountain was kick-started in 2007 when McCulloch began working on some new ideas with three London-based musicians. ?I thought Will (Sergeant) and I needed to do stuff differently, but so the result still sounded like the
Bunnymen,? he says. ?What we got with 'Think I Need It Too' and 'Forgotten
Fields', I thought, yeah, this is how it should sound.?
??? The album was pieced together over the next year, with Mac and Will working
on tracks at Parr Street Recording Studios in Liverpool.
http://www.myspace.com/thebunnymenhttp://www.bunnymen.com

Hatcham Social
???
Hatcham Social are a London four-piece band composed of brothers Tobias
and Finnigan Kidd, bassist David Javu and guitarist and keyboardist,
Jerome Watson. Hatcham Social play indie pop and post-punk shoegaze.
Since their formation in 2005, Hatcham Social has released four
seven-inch singles and two analogue tapes? worth of material inspired
by children?s fiction and 1980s indie.
http://www.myspace.com/hatchamsocial
For those of you traveling, I've compiled a list of local establishments where you can grab a bite to eat (and even a beer or tasty cocktail) before the show....

Get here before 6pm and visit The Cheese Shoppe for locally roasted gourmet coffees and tea!? (www.WCClarke.com)

Questions about the show?? Please email the venue.?
(www.TheStateTheatre.org)
Questions about other area establishments?? Simply reply to this post!?

Sit-down eating establishments (within walking distance):
Allen Street Grille ~ midrange, local
Arby's ~ low-end, chain
Brother's Pizza ~ low-end, semi-local
Chili's ~ mid-range, chain
The Corner Room ~ low-end, local
Five Guys ~ low-end, chain
Golden Wok ~ mid-range, local
Herwig's Austrian Bistro ~ mid-range, local? (Personally recommended, but keep reading...!)
India Pavilion ~ mid-range, local (Be sure to check out the Cheese Shoppe, next door, before 6pm for locally-roasted coffees!)?
Irving's Bagels ~ low-end, local
Panera ~ mid-range, chain
Penn State Sub Shop ~ low-end, local
Qdoba ~ low-end, chainRotelli ~ mid-range, semi-local
Sarina's II ~ mid-range, semi-local
Spat's Cafe & Speakeasy ~ upscale, local
Taco Bell ~ low-end, chain
The Tarragon ~ upscale, semi-local
The Tavern ~ mid-range, local
Webster's Bookstore Cafe ~ low-end, local? (Locally blended teas and chai, gourmet coffee beverages and light nibbles...)
Ye Olde College Diner ~ low-end, local
Zeno's ~ upscale, local? (Beer-bar with pub-grub before 7pm)
Zola ~ upscale, local
Area restaurants (within short driving distance):
Alto ~ upscale, localThe American Alehouse & Grille ~ upscale, local
The Autoport ~ mid-range, local
Baby's Burgers & Shakes ~ mid-range, localBelly Buster Burritos ~ low-end, semi-local
Champs ~ mid-range sportsbar, local
Corrinado's Pizza ~ low-to-mid-range, local (Vegan options!)

Cozy Thai ~ mid-range, local
The Deli ~ mid-range, localFaccia Luna ~ mid-range, local (Wood-fired pizza!)
Fuji & Jade Garden ~ mid-range, local (Highly recommended!!! --Hey, I'm the bar manager there... Did I mention you can get the party started here?!?? Huge portions, plus top-shelf cocktails and microbrews!? Since it's my day off, Frankie will be taking care of you.? **Sit at the bar, mention you're going to the Echo & the Bunnymen show [before you order] and get a special deal!**)?Harrison's Wine Country Grille ~ upscale, local
Hi-Way Pizza ~ mid-range, local
Hooter's ~ low-end, chain
Hoss's Steakhouse ~ mid-range, local
Hunan Wok & Noodle House ~ low-end, local
Kelly's Steakhouse ~ mid-range, local
Kimchi ~ mid-range, local
Mad Mex ~ mid-range, semi-local
Mario & Luigi's ~ upscale, local
McDonald's ~ low-end, chainOlde New York ~ mid-range, local
Otto's ~ mid-range brewpub, localOutback Steakhouse ~ mid-range, chain
Pizza Hut ~ mid-range, chain
Quizno's Subs ~ low-end, chain
Red Lobster ~ mid-range, chain
Say Sushi ~ mid-range, localSeoul Garden ~ mid-range, local Viet-Thai ~ mid-range, local