Roll Call

manny at garfieldartworks.com manny at garfieldartworks.com
Thu Oct 8 16:42:34 EDT 2009

Did I say I was mad at the people on this list? No.
Did I say I announced the show on this list? No.
I just said nobody came, and faulted no one in specific for it.
Plus, a lot of people have cars or ride bikes.
Lawrenceville is in the middle of the hippest area of town.
The show was announced in plenty of other locations through listings,
flyering and internet resources such as the NTMTO board.
e.g. http://www.nevertellmetheodds.org/t.php?id=91776
I also passed out about 500 handbills at the Girl Talk show that night
(which was attended by 4000+). The L&C/Caroline show could not have been
scheduled earlier than midnight, what would have  been the point in going
up against Girl Talk? Plus I wanted to go to the Girl Talk show anyway. So
I had to do what I had to do.

Anyhow all this explanation is useless. The point I was making is that
someone on Lisa's short list
of new artists did play here recently, and that nobody went. I was not
condemning anyone in specific for it. That's all.