Roll Call and more

manny at garfieldartworks.com manny at garfieldartworks.com
Fri Oct 9 02:32:17 EDT 2009

> If I can recall Bat for Lashes sold out or was near to selling out here in
> Portland.
Yeah, that wouldn't happen here. The show would probably be an "underplay"
at the Brillobox,
like Clap Your Hands or Do Make Say Think, etc.

> The Horrors got about 100-125 people at the same venue. (Doug Fir) I was
> surprised! I thought more peeps would have shown up.
I don't think anyone here knows who the Horrors are?

> Manny, are you down with Grouper, and The
> Silent Section?
> If not I think you might like them.
Heard of Grouper, not the other one.
If you like other 'dark indie' west coast bands, try Blue Jungle from L.A.
- they will be here on Sunday opening for Fresh & Only at 31st St Pub -
reminiscent of Siouxsie & XRay Spex methinks.

>  Do you have the scoop of the attendance at Andrew Bird show?
>  I am curious...

The last time Bird played a paid gig here, it drew probably 1000 people at
the Carnegie Hall in Oakland with A Hawk & A Hacksaw opening. I brought
AHAAH back a few months to Your Inner Vagabond and there were maybe 70
people there. I guess either nobody was paying attention
to the local band at that Bird show, or 900 people have no idea where
Lawrenceville is.