Roll Call and more

CHAD or Lisa vequinoxmusic at msn.com
Sun Oct 11 03:47:43 EDT 2009

 The Horrors got about 100-125 people at the same venue. (Doug Fir) I thought more peeps would have shown up.
>>I don't think anyone here knows who the Horrors are?

Wow! I am surprised!  I thought they were up against a few other acts, such as Bat for Lashes and LA ROUX for a big(?) award in the U.K.!?!  With the Horrors having that classic sound, I would think that many would be interested and already know who they are.  Maybe it is a U.K. thing?
Here is a youtube of them for those listers who wish to know more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gnDYeUOnhQ

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1lD5cE6Bwc

Some of the tracks on Groupers page such as; heavy water, and false horizon, puts me in mind of the old Heavenly Voices Comps.

When she does play out in Portland, it seems that she performs on the same "ticket" with experimental musical acts.

 >>If you like other 'dark indie' west coast bands, try Blue Jungle from L.A.- they will be here on Sunday opening for Fresh & Only at 31st St Pub -reminiscent of Siouxsie & XRay Spex methinks.

>>A Hawk & A Hacksaw

Thanks, I will check em.

>>The last time Bird played a paid gig here, it drew probably 1000 people at the Carnegie Hall in Oakland.

How do 1000 people in Pgh know about Bird? WYEP? Late night talk T.V?

Oh....BTW I saw the youtubes and other news footage on the net about the G20 riots.  Wow! That was crazy!

Any damage in Lawrenceville?

~Lisa

visit us on the web!
http://www.myspace.com/vequinox