new Ceremony website + coat check

deeann mikula hartmann goth at d33ann.com
Thu Oct 9 18:11:47 EDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 manny at telerama.com wrote:

> single thing the way I tend to, but I've found that even when they do look
> *directly* at something they still don't see it or care about it, unless

i'm pretty sure that this is a general fault of humans.  sometimes i
ride my bicycle on the sidewalks in the busier parts of downtown
(seattle) and you'd be surprised at how many pedestrians just refuse
to notice a bike barreling down heading directly towards them.  since
i'm going faster, i'm looking *a little* further ahead, but still.
(and before anyone bitches, i'm not riding like a crazy bike messenger
on the sidewalks, and i do dismount if it's even slightly crowded, and
i'm generally just coasting when on sidewalks.)

example number two: riding the bus home from [random seattle
neighborhood] i we crossed a small lake on high bridge, which always
affords a great vista.  today though, there was a HUGE rainbow over
it, and i swear to god, no one else on the bus noticed.  i was about
to tell the random person next to me, but then we were off the bridge
and behind a hill again.

so yah.  it's not just flyers.  it's the RARE person that is actually
present and noticing their environment when walking around...most
people are caught up in what they just did or what they are planning
to do when they get somewhere.

deeann mikula hartmann

"the limits of my language mean the limits of my world."
   --ludwig wittgenstein, tractatus logico-hilosophicus