Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt

Ray rlink at chemlab.org
Wed Oct 22 15:02:23 EDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 manny at telerama.com wrote:

> > Hey, maybe Joker will open a club...
>
> And that would  help anyone other than Joker, how?

Well, lets. see...  It would help the people who want to see the shows
that Joker puts on by giving them a place to see the bands.  It would help
the bands that Joker brings in by giving them a venue in which to play.
It may even help the potentially-soon-to-be-displaced security and bar
staff of the Strand by giving them a place to work for someone they
already know and have worked with before.  Honestly, Manny, for someone
who used to operate his own venue for shows, I'd think that you would have
already had an answer for this question.  After all, it's all about the
music, and not about which person might be profiting from the show, right?

-- Ray

Disclaimer:  Bite me.