Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Wed Oct 22 18:11:56 EDT 2003

  After all, it's all about the
> music, and not about which person might be profiting from the show, right?

No it isn't. I wouldn't go to a Clear Channel show no matter what. I
boycotted Sigur Ros and stood in front of it handing out Angels of Light
handbills to anyone hip-looking and telling any and all babyboomers
exactly what I thought of them and the bullshit radio station they worship
;) CC didn't care about Sigur Ros one iota until they were signed to MCA
and had AAA radio promotional backing.

One would hope there's some kind of modicum of both integrity
and aesthetic considerations involved in addition to the 'music'.
 Joker has no aesthetic considerations, he takes what sells. If it doesn't
sell in advance, he will cancel it. that doesn't help you very much, now
does it, if you can't see a show you wanted to see, right?
As far as integrity, draw your own conclusions.
And how many of the Laga employees would work for a place if Joker ran it?
Some *wouldn't*, I know this for a fact.

-mt