Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt

LstatShaft at aol.com LstatShaft at aol.com
Thu Oct 23 04:58:35 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/22/2003 5:05:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
manny at telerama.com writes:

> >>And that would  help anyone other than Joker, how?
> >It would help all the bands he books and all the people who go to his
> >shows.
> No because if he stopped, many of those bands would play elsewhere here,
> either going to Clear Channel or someone smaller than Joker like myself
> or Ladyfox etc. In turn, the people who go to those shows would
> have to adjust to whatever, they have no choice but to do so.

*** And there's nothing consumers love more than having fewer choices.  Yeah,
that scenario sure does sound great for Pittsburgh.

> in a room *totally* controlled by Joker..well, he would have total control.
> his nature would prevent almost any collaborations/alliances that wouldn't
> make him a lot of money and
> clearly benefit him in the long haul.

*** Someone running a business who doesn't want to do things that make money
and clearly benefit him?  See what happens when you let capitalism run
rampant?

> Sure there is a void in the 500-1500 range but it is not up to any of us to
> care about
> filling it. i should hope that most of us would simply not like most
> bands that are that big, since most bands that are that big are simply
> not likeable.

*** When I see Simon and Garfunkel next month, I'll be sure to yell "Manny
Theiner thinks you suck!" at them right at the end of Sound of Silence.  I'd do
the same thing during The Chauffer when I go to see Duran Duran in a few
weeks, except I'll be too busy drowning in my own jizz to yell much of anything.