RIP Elliott Smith

Pauline Law plaw at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 24 15:14:45 EDT 2003

> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Joey wrote:

> > there's a big population difference between our two cities, but I was really
> > surprised by the low number of people out on the streets.  (especially so
> > near a college campus)

that's weird, because (adjusting for the superplushuge per capita density)
even in hong kong the pedestrian traffic isn't that heavy at night, and
few people own cars.

> > Like all cities I'm sure there are 'spots' that are busier then others
> > and a Tuesday night isn't a big party night for anyone other then
> > students and bar workers.

i can't speak for non-cmu students,
but everyone here was having exams last and this week.
and usuuuually students have work during the week, too.
and class in the morning.

we like to go to class.
that helps us pass.

i don't know what kind of party schools you have in columbus, ohio, but i
sure ain't heard of big party night tuesdays around here...

pauline