rock club question

Brian J. Parker beep at telerama.com
Mon Dec 6 10:14:13 EST 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 manny at telerama.com wrote:

> > It's certainly of interest; it's safe to say that most Pittsburgh
> > goths are both political leftists and have some interest in
> > "independent" music.
>
> I wouldn't assume the former necessarily, Brian.
> A lot of rivetheads in the army nowadays ;)

That would be a lot of rivetheads.  I won't say "all," but I still expect
the majority of goths to be leftist.  Of course the "Pittsburgh" is as
significant as the "goth," since my experience tells me that goths in a
given city will still reflect the city's culture in some way.  Pittsburgh
in general (the "metropolitan" part at least) is pretty left.

And although military are generally right, there are lefties too, probably
heavily among the former goths!  My evidence of this is more anecdotal
(Air America's interviews with such servicemen, my own brother's accounts)
but army need not always imply right-wing.

Brian