The Dresden Dolls

Pauline Law plaw at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 16 11:56:27 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, B wrote:

> ...I really hope The Dresden Dolls aren't confined to the ghetto of gothic
> target-marketing (though the goth appeal certainly is there).  I think Jen
> said it best: "That empty space in my heart where Courtney, PJ, Tori, and
> Liz all abandoned me to maturity and soft-rock crap (or just plain sucking
> in certain cases) has been filled."

happily, in boston there are screaming teenage girls and as well as other
sorts of young adults in their shows.  i know they're playing at a rather
large and demi-mainstream-oriented venue in march -- they have house,
hip-hop and trance nights there; they also won the "rock and roll rumble"
of boston's largest "alternative" radio station last spring/summer.

pauline