DJ Badtz @ The Upstage tomorrow (Friday, October 15)

Christy christy at spookee.net
Thu Oct 14 19:00:53 EDT 2004

<christy at spookee.net> wrote:

> > How much were ticket prices there?
> >
> > I only paid $35.00 for my ticket, and I thought it was a really
great price
> > considering I'm going to be seeing Ministry, TKK and Hanzel und
Gretyl.

> ticketmaster says that they're $30-32, although thanks to my mad-ass
> connections i could get in for free (i have a lot of fucking homework
> though).
>
> considering the last "big name" show i saw was bella morte & dresden
> dolls for $10 (and, remember, dresden dolls were invited to play
> lollapalooza and written up in the rolling stone), i think that $30-32
> can be safely considered to be a crap load of money.

It's not just the current popularity of a band that determines price.
Was it a large venue, or was it a club like Laga? Was it part of a
national tour? Ministry usually plays in fairly mid-size to large
venues, and they're currently on a national tour with 2 other bands. It
could be the difference between having a lighting/sound/etc crew come
out with them or having the local guys do it. I'd expect Ministry to be
more comparable in price with a band like Skinny Puppy (also around
$35/ticket) than Dresden Dolls, just because they have similar touring
crew sizes and similar stage production quality.

Christy
http://www.spookee.net