local electronic acts, an example

Deeann M.M. Mikula deeann at d33ann.com
Tue Feb 21 22:27:52 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 manny at telerama.com wrote:

> People, here's what going on:
> About five years ago, some people in the goth scene, or that had been previously
> influenced by the likes of 242 or Puppy, got tired of your boring
> thudthud music and discovered noise and IDM. Today there are a bunch of

and

> If you don't know this, or haven't gone to see these locals play, you are five
> years behind, and need to catch up. I am currently working on an article about

So much interesting information about new music in Pgh, too bad you
probably turned off 99% of your potential audience by insulting
them. (Again.)

Sigh.  Manny, you have so much to offer, when will you stop insulting
your audiences and simply INVITE them to your shows, instead of
informing othem of how stupid and uncultured they are not to go?

For the rest you: Please just IGNORE THE BAD ATTITUDE BEHIND THE
CURTAIN and realize that you do have one of the country's authorities
on new music in your own backyard and just go to the damn shows!  If
you genuinely like music, not just pop songs you can dance to, you'll
not be sorry.  You may not like everything, but you will find
something unique and new to listen to.  I promise.*

*OK, I can't promise, but I predict that if you go to at least one of
Manny's shows a month (with an open mind/ear), for an entire year, you
will discover a few "new" bands to enjoy.

Deeann M.M Mikula

"Well behaved women rarely make history."
                 -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich