CMU shows (was re: triphop, wank wank wank)

Pauline Law electronvolt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:06:00 EST 2006

On 2/22/06, Ancilla Sea-Maid <ancilla6 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> but this show is in the Rangos Ballroom, which is a
> step up from a high school gymnasium in terms of
> acoustics and atmosphere. at least there's a TON of
> room to dance.
>
> anyhow, hip flask/vodka in yr sprite or such is prolly
> the best route if you need to get yr drink on. i don't
> know if they'll enforce anything with people having
> open containers, as the show seems to be all ages.

not sure about in rangos, but when battles played at the drill deck
(which is underneath campus police), the security dude didn't even bat
an eyelash at the open beer bottles.

but you'll probably want to stick with a flask anyway.

> only times i see them handing out alcohol, like i
> mentioned, is grad gatherings where we're all carded
> and/or assumed to be of age.

box wine is often served at openings at the frame (the student --
usually undergraduate -- art gallery). heh. last time i went there
were other, less wussy alcohols, too, but those openings are mostly
student endeavors anyway.

pauline