under/over

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:35:24 EDT 2006

I think he was being sarcastic when he said "amazingly fantastic sound
systems in clubs."  In otherwords, less-than-incredible sound systems
are going to mask any deterioration in sound quality caused by
converting CD to 192 bit MP3.

Since you bring up remarks like this, though, let me use that as my
response to Chris Rapier for why I (anecdotally) don't think the G/I
scene cares much about technical tricks.  I usually only do simple
beatmixing, but get criticized almost as often as complimented for
fiddling with the songs.  That may be Pittsburgh-specific, though;
nothing but praise in other cities.