Smoking At Ceremony?

Adam Rixey arixey at gmail.com
Wed May 2 15:09:33 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Jeremy David <epistemology at gmail.com> wrote:

> But anyway, since you brought it up, I have to rebut. You said that
> it's impossible for a bar to survive without allowing smoking. Here's
> a list of examples which proves otherwise.
>
> http://www.nosmokedining.org/listings.htm

I didn't really see competitors of an Upstage or Pegasus on that list,
though; that was basically coffee shops and restaurants.  Granted, I'm not
familiar with all the places, but the only nightclub on the list was the
Improv.

Don't get me wrong, I also hate the smoking in clubs.  But it seems like
unless there's an outright ban, clubs MUST allow it to be competitive.  They
finally instituted a ban here in DC at the beginning of this year and it's
great; I just wish that all the shows I want to see were not on Tuesdays or
Sundays.

--
Adam Rixey
arixey at gmail.com