Roll Call

Brian J. Parker brian.j.parker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 11:10:49 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:44 AM,  <jdecay at att.net> wrote:
> With this list having the longest history of all the Pittsburgh Goth networking options, I'm curious who still is on here (or if it's just down to Manny, a handful of others, and me).

I'm told that I am a "handful."  Interpret that as you will.

Brian Parker aka beeporama aka DJ Badtz/-bri at n.

If you're young you probably don't know me.  If you're old you recall
me as the founding member of The Night Shift who did live mash-ups of
your favorite songs.  If you're really old you might remember me as
Wandi's #8, if I recall correctly.

The most goth cred I ever had was when I maintained Rosetta Stone's
website, and on a whim used a credit card to finance a trip to England
to follow them around on tour for a week.  I got to drive in their van
and hang out in their dressing room and stay in their hotel, and also
see The Nefilim (touring at the same time) and hook up with a cute
British goth girl.  That incredibly irresponsible trip, over a decade
ago, is finally getting paid off this year and with credit card
interest rates cost me thousands of dollars.  I should have bought
stock in Google and Apple instead, but "no regrets!," as they say!

The second most goth cred I ever had is when I booked the Cruxshadows
to play in a store's attic on their first tour.  About a dozen people
came.  I'm no Manny Theiner.

Thanks to curmudgeonly old age and crippling social anxiety, most of
my music consumption is now done with headphones on rather than in
public areas.  I play more video games than you, ride a scooter, and
really like Doctor Who, so you might not think I'm much of a goth
anymore.